[Freeipa-users] PasswordAuthentication option for SSH

David Kreuter david.kreuter at bytesource.net
Wed Apr 16 20:28:52 UTC 2014

On client side the valid Kerberos ticket is present. The following SSH configuration is used on the machine where the IPA client is running:

/etc/ssh/sshd_config
---cut---
PasswordAuthentication yes

KerberosAuthentication no
PubkeyAuthentication yes
UsePAM yes
GSSAPIAuthentication yes
AuthorizedKeysCommand /usr/bin/sss_ssh_authorizedkeys
---cut---

Just checked the machine again, password authentication is used as fallback, because the Keberos setup on this machine seems to be messed up. I have tried to uninstall the client and reinstalled it. During the installation I'm getting following message:

"A RA is not configured on the server. Not requesting host certificate."

Trying to request the certificate manually leads in:

ipa-getcert request -d /etc/pki/nssdb -n Server-Cert -K HOST/<host> -N 'CN=<host>,O=EXAMPLE.INFO' -v

Error org.fedorahosted.certmonger.duplicate: Certificate at same location is already used by request with nickname "20140416200517"

So to certificate is already there. Do you have some hints?