[Freeipa-users] PasswordAuthentication option for SSH

Dmitri Pal dpal at redhat.com
Thu Apr 17 21:34:28 UTC 2014

On 04/16/2014 04:28 PM, David Kreuter wrote:
> On client side the valid Kerberos ticket is present. The following SSH
> configuration is used on the machine where the IPA client is running:
>
> /etc/ssh/sshd_config
> ---cut---
> PasswordAuthentication yes
> KerberosAuthentication no
> PubkeyAuthentication yes
> UsePAM yes
> GSSAPIAuthentication yes
> AuthorizedKeysCommand /usr/bin/sss_ssh_authorizedkeys
> ---cut---
>
> Just checked the machine again, password authentication is used as
> fallback, because the Keberos setup on this machine seems to be messed
> up. I have tried to uninstall the client and reinstalled it. During
> the installation I'm getting following message:
>
> "A RA is not configured on the server. Not requesting host certificate."
>
> Trying to request the certificate manually leads in:
>
> ipa-getcert request -d /etc/pki/nssdb -n Server-Cert -K HOST/<host> -N
> 'CN=<host>,O=EXAMPLE.INFO' -v
>
> Error org.fedorahosted.certmonger.duplicate: Certificate at same
> location is already used by request with nickname "20140416200517"

When you removed the client certmonger was still tracking certs from the
Use cermonger to un-track old cert(s) and try to re-install again. That
should solve this problem.
I think is fixed in the latest version of IPA client.

As for SSH I think a quick search on the net renders several guides that
show how to setup OpenSSH with GSSAPI.

> So to certificate is already there. Do you have some hints?

Thank you,
Dmitri Pal

Sr. Engineering Manager IdM portfolio
Red Hat, Inc.