[Freeipa-users] services and openSSL and stuff

Dmitri Pal dpal at redhat.com
Fri Apr 25 13:49:05 UTC 2014

On 04/25/2014 03:57 AM, Andrew Holway wrote:
>> What are the certs for?
> At the moment for a third party application however we would like to
> issue our own certs for everything SSL such as LDAPs or OpenVPN. It is
> quite a powerful feature to be able to install an organisations root
> key on a clients machine and then be able to bosh out certs at will
> however I am still on an interesting journey understanding the
> specific implications of this for the various client, operating
> systems and browsers.
>
> Thanks for the "certmonger" keyword :)

There are also some good docs and examples in the certmonger git repo in
docs folder and here.
http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/15/html/FreeIPA_Guide/certmongerX.html
Keep in mind that there are some limitations with what you want to
accomplish.
We are aware of it and want to address it. We just did not have a chance
to get our hands on it.
http://www.freeipa.org/page/V3/IPA_as_external_Puppet_CA