[Freeipa-users] Automembership not working

Dimitar Georgievski mitkany at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 21:10:31 UTC 2014

Hi,

I am trying to create rules to place users in given user groups based on
the value of their ou (Organization Unit) field in their profiles. For some
reason it is not working, and I am trying to understand why.

The rule is very simple and looks like this

>  ipa automember-find engineering
> Grouping Type: group
> ---------------
> 1 rules matched
> Group
>   Automember Rule: engineering
>   Inclusive Regex: ou=^Engineering

With this rule in place I would expect all the new users with
ou=Engineering to be automatically placed in the engineering user group.

I am using FreeIPA v3.0.0 on CentOS 6.5

Thanks

Dimitar