[Freeipa-users] Integrating with Smart Cards

Leigh Moulder leigh.moulder at sri.com
Wed Apr 30 22:45:29 UTC 2014

Hi all,
I'm very new to FreeIPA, so I hope this isn't answered in documentation
somewhere already.

I'm working to get my infrastructure DIACAP approved, and part of this
process includes unique user accounts with smart card integration.  I
was hoping that since FreeIPA utilizes Dogtag, I'd be able to use it for
essentially everything, from LDAP, to certificate store, to smart card
management.  Unfortunately, the only references I was able to find were
a handful of emails from a few years ago.

I was wondering what the status of smart card integration was, and if it
was completed yet.  If so, where can I find the documentation to
configure it.  And if it's not currently in the works, does anyone know
a viable solution.  I'm currently running everything on RHEL 6.5, but
would really rather stay away from their directory and certificate
servers.  Right now, I can't justify the price they're quoting me.

Thanks in Advance,
Leigh