[Freeipa-users] RHEL 7 Upgrade experience so far

Erinn Looney-Triggs erinn.looneytriggs at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 20:41:56 UTC 2014

On 08/04/2014 08:46 AM, Rob Crittenden wrote:
> Erinn Looney-Triggs wrote:

line 638, in run_script

line 1678, in install_replica_ca

line 478, in configure_instance

line 364, in start_creation method()

line 604, in __spawn_instance

>>> This is strange. ipa-ca-install/ipa-replica-install --setup-ca
>>> should create the replication agreement pointing at port 389
>>> on RHEL-7.0, given that the 2 originally separated DS databases
>>> were merged.
>>
>>> It looks like this is some replication agreement left over
>>> from previous tests.
>>
>>> Anyway, to list all hosts with PKI, try:
>>
>>> # ipa-csreplica-manage list Directory Manager password:
>>
>>> vm-089.idm.lab.bos.redhat.com: master
>>> vm-086.idm.lab.bos.redhat.com: master
>>
>>> "master" means that this server has PKI service installed. It
>>> will show different value if there is no PKI service.
>>
>>> To check PKI replication agreements for specific hostname,
>>> run:
>>
>>> # ipa-csreplica-manage list `hostname` Directory Manager
>>> password:
>>
>>> vm-089.idm.lab.bos.redhat.com
>>
>>> Check "man ipa-csreplica-manage" for advise how to delete or
>>> create the PKI agreements.
>>
>>> HTH, Martin
>>

>> Yeah here is what I get: ipa-csreplica-manage list Directory
>> Manager password:
>>
>> ipa2.example.com: CA not configured ipa.example.com: master
>>
>> ipa2 is my rhel7 instance, ipa is the rhel 6.5 instance.
>>
>> ipa-csreplica-manage list ipa2.example.com Directory Manager
>> password:
>>
>> Can't contact LDAP server
>>
>> Which I guess makes sense, however: ipa-csreplica-manage list -v
>> ipa.example.com Directory Manager password:
>>
>> ipa2.example.com last init status: None last init ended: None
>> last update status: -1  - LDAP error: Can't contact LDAP server
>> last update ended: None ipa2.example.com last init status: None
>> last init ended: None last update status: 0 Replica acquired
>> successfully: Incremental update succeeded last update ended:
>> 2014-08-04 14:43:48+00:00
>>
>> This seems odd to me, but I don't really know exactly what to
>> expect. Why is ipa2 referenced twice? Why does on have
>> replication succeeding and the other failing?
>>
>> It currently just feels like something is configured wrong, there
>> is a wrong entry somewhere, but I can't figure it out just yet.
>
> As Directory Manager, look in cn=mapping tree,cn=config for the
> list of agreements. I'm guessing at least one of those has the
> wrong port.
>
> The IPA agreement CN takes the form of meTo<somewhere> and CA
> agreements CN uses masterAgreement1-<hostname>-* (or
> cloneAgreement, depending on the side you're on).
>
> rob

Rob,
Thanks, looking in there I see two entries for my ipa2 instance for CA
replication. However, none should exist as far as I know because at
this point there is no CA replica on ipa2. These safe to delete?

- -Erinn