[Freeipa-users] Replica Cert failed to renew ...

Matt Bryant matthew.bryant at melbourneit.com.au
Tue Aug 5 22:16:14 UTC 2014

Hmmm so question here .. our domain was originally installed as a 2.x
and upgraded to 3.x  .. I installed the replicas using the
ipa-replica-prepare etc but the CA dirsrv instance was never copied over
or started on the replicas (ie no slapd-PKI-* around) .. yet
/etc/ipa/defaults.conf points to the replica itself for certmonger - so
not sure how that will work given there is no CA copy running on the
replica ..

In the end the process followed was to change the xmlrpc_uri to the
original master and delete and resubit the cert request for Server-Cert
for slapd & httpd/alias we get an up to date cert ... not sure if
anything else broken by doing that though ...

I assume maybe the replcia install/mgmt under 2.x was slightly or
perhaps majorly different ...

rgds

Matt

>>> Martin

--
Matt Bryant
Manager - SMB Services | Melbourne IT | Brisbane | Tel +617 3230 7422 | Mob +61431 496663