[Freeipa-users] authentication against compat

Jakub Hrozek jhrozek at redhat.com
Thu Feb 13 22:15:43 UTC 2014

On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 03:05:07PM -0500, Steve Dainard wrote:
> Is this server or client side where sudo_provider=ipa is included in ver >
> 1.11.x?

Client side (sssd)

> My fedora 20 client doesn't have this option listed, or is it baked in?

Where exactly do you see the documentation lacking, perhaps the sssd-ipa
man page, or the sssd-sudo man page? I agree that docs are important,
but my view might be skewed because I know the internals..

All that should be required with 1.9.6 or 1.11.x is:
    sudo_provider=ipa

And enabling the 'sss' module in /etc/nsswitch.conf:
    sudoers: files sss

That's it. Please let us know if you find any bugs in code or docs.