[Freeipa-users] freeipa remote commands

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Fri Jan 3 21:01:32 UTC 2014

Zulkifal Ahmad wrote:
> Hi Experts ,
> I am trying to run a script from a remote server which creates user
> principals and generate keytabs on my ipa server installed on CentOS6.5
> ipav3 . The issue that I am getting is that when i run the same script
> from the terminal of the remote server it runs fine and retrieves the
> keytabs but when it is ran from a webUI of the remote server it gives me
> an error.
> " ipa: Error: did not receive kerberos credentials " .
> FYI  my client/remote server is a part of the ipa domain and has the
> same version of ipa client installed i.e v3.

Because on your local terminal you have a valid ticket when you run it,
but running within the web server it doesn't unless you explicitly do a
kinit (or delegate the TGT from the requesting web browser).

> This procedure was tested on an ordinary MIT Kerberos server and runs
> with no issues.

Using what tool? I'm guessing you used kadmin or kadmin.local which is
an apples to orange comparison.

rob