[Freeipa-users] named failure: REQUIRE(pthread_kill(ldap_inst->watcher...) failed

Alexandre Ellert aellert at numeezy.com
Mon Jan 6 20:53:45 UTC 2014

> We need more information about your configuration. Please add details mentioned at
>
> https://fedorahosted.org/bind-dyndb-ldap/wiki/BugReporting#Aboutyouroperatingsystemdistribution

> and
>
> https://fedorahosted.org/bind-dyndb-ldap/wiki/BugReporting#Abouttheplugin

What distribution/version/architecture you use?
 Centos 6.5 (2.6.32-431.el6.x86_64) up to date
What plugin version you use?
 bind-dyndb-ldap-2.3-5.el6.x86_64
Do you use bind-dyndb-ldap as part of FreeIPA installation?
 Yes
Which version of BIND you use ?
 bind-9.8.2-0.17.rc1.el6_4.6.x86_64
Please provide dynamic-db section from configuration file /etc/named.conf :
 dynamic-db "ipa" {
        library "ldap.so";
        arg "uri ldapi://%2fvar%2frun%2fslapd-IVSCLOUD-LOCAL.socket";
        arg "base cn=dns, dc=ivscloud,dc=local";
        arg "fake_mname ipa-master.ivscloud.local.";
        arg "auth_method sasl";
        arg "sasl_mech GSSAPI";
        arg "sasl_user DNS/ipa-master.ivscloud.local";
        arg "zone_refresh 0";
        arg "psearch yes";
        arg "serial_autoincrement yes";
        arg "connections 4";
 };
Do you have some other text based or DLZ zones configured?
 no
Do you have some global forwarders configured in BIND configuration file?
 no
 options {
        […]

        forward first;
        forwarders { };

      […]
 };
Do you have some settings in global configuration object in LDAP?
 no (not sure)
 $ ldapsearch -Y GSSAPI -b 'cn=dns,dc=example,dc=com' '(objectClass=idnsConfigObject)'
 SASL/GSSAPI authentication started
 SASL username: admin at IVSCLOUD.LOCAL
 SASL SSF: 56
 SASL data security layer installed.
 # extended LDIF
 #
 # LDAPv3
 # base <cn=dns,dc=example,dc=com> with scope subtree
 # filter: (objectClass=idnsConfigObject)
 # requesting: ALL
 #

 # search result
 search: 4
 result: 32 No such object

 # numResponses: 1

> Do you see any messages complaining about broken connection or something like that? Did the server worked fine before the reload?
The server worked fine before reload (caused by logrotate).
I've searched in log file /var/log/dirsrv/*, /var/log/messages but didn't find anything interesting.

Thanks for your help