[Freeipa-users] named failure: REQUIRE(pthread_kill(ldap_inst->watcher...) failed

Sigbjorn Lie sigbjorn at nixtra.com
Mon Jan 6 21:39:03 UTC 2014

On 06/01/14 21:53, Alexandre Ellert wrote:

>> Do you see any messages complaining about broken connection or
>> something like that? Did the server worked fine before the reload?
> The server worked fine before reload (caused by logrotate).
> I've searched in log file /var/log/dirsrv/*, /var/log/messages but
> didn't find anything interesting.

Some of the named crashes I had at first with bind-dyndb-ldap when I
started using IPA in production a few years ago also happened at the
exact time logrotate rotated the log files. I've not had any issues with
bind-dyndb-ldap for a while now, however the most busy dns servers are
still running flat files generated from IPA's LDAP tree, but the
similarity was too close not to mention it. :)

Regards,
Siggi