[Freeipa-users] named failure: REQUIRE(pthread_kill(ldap_inst->watcher...) failed

Alexandre Ellert aellert at numeezy.com
Tue Jan 7 10:14:41 UTC 2014

> You have to adapt the example to your environment:
> LDAP search base should be "cn=dns, dc=ivscloud, dc=local"
>
>>  $ ldapsearch -Y GSSAPI -b 'cn=dns,dc=example,dc=com' '(objectClass=idnsConfigObject)'
> [...]
>>  # search result
>>  search: 4
>>  result: 32 No such object

My mistake, here is the result :

ldapsearch -Y GSSAPI -b 'cn=dns,dc=ivscloud,dc=local' '(objectClass=idnsConfigObject)'
SASL/GSSAPI authentication started
SASL username: admin at IVSCLOUD.LOCAL
SASL SSF: 56
SASL data security layer installed.
# extended LDIF
#
# LDAPv3
# base <cn=dns,dc=ivscloud,dc=local> with scope subtree
# filter: (objectClass=idnsConfigObject)
# requesting: ALL
#

# dns, ivscloud.local
dn: cn=dns,dc=ivscloud,dc=local
objectClass: idnsConfigObject
objectClass: nsContainer
objectClass: top
cn: dns

# search result
search: 4
result: 0 Success

# numResponses: 2
# numEntries: 1

> Anyway, your configuration in /etc/named.conf seems correct.
>
> Please let us know if you are able to reproduce the crash, I don't see a way how to fix it without a reproducer.

I don't know how to reproduce. Maybe try to put a  cron '/sbin/service named reload' and see if it crash.