[Freeipa-users] freeipa-client installation(debug) on Ubuntu 10.04 & 12.04

Timo Aaltonen tjaalton at ubuntu.com
Tue Jul 29 18:37:14 UTC 2014

28.07.2014 20:29, jaseywang kirjoitti:
> Hi
> I tried to install freeipa-client on Ubuntu 10.04 & 12.04, but none of
> them worked :-(
> At the moment, only 12.04 ships the apt repo so that I can use apt to
> install the freeipa-client(2.1.4-0ubuntu1). Although I can installed the
> package successfully, I can't make it work during my ipa-client-install
> process, I just follow the instruction as the below docs says:
> https://ashbyte.com/ashbyte/wiki/FreeIPA/Ubuntu
>
> But failed with --debug options on, below is the message it produced
> during installation:
> ---
>
> Obviously, the package is buggy, and it just copied configs from Redhat
> that is not suitable for Ubuntu.

Not quite like that. Just ignore the certmonger bits and configure with
--no-ntp and it should install more or less fine. Haven't seen the host
TGT issue before.. And 14.04 LTS has an updated client too, though it
also needs --no-ntp for now.

> As for Ubuntu 10.04, I google a lot, but found far less info about it.
> Basically, the documentation of 10.04 and 12.04 is really really rare, I
> havent' find any good cases that run them smoothly.

There never was any client for 10.04.. and won't be unless someone else
steps in and backports all the bits that it needs

> So, can anybody help me to debug the above error on Ubuntu 12.04, and
> any suggestion or good reference on Ubuntu distribution?
> Thank you.

The end goal is to not need any special references for Debian/Ubuntu,
but we're not there yet..