[Freeipa-users] Problem finding new users via command line

John Moyer john.moyer at digitalreasoning.com
Tue Jun 17 12:30:16 UTC 2014

I'm using ldapsearch.  The command I was using was like the one below
(edited to protect creds/users).

ldapsearch -x -h ipa.digitalreasoning.com -ZZ -b
"dc=digitalreasoning,dc=com" -D
"uid=adminuser,cn=users,cn=accounts,dc=digitalreasoning,dc=com" -w
'password' uid=first.last

# extended LDIF
#
# LDAPv3
# base <dc=digitalreasoning,dc=com> with scope subtree
# filter: uid=first.last
# requesting: ALL
#

# search result
search: 3
result: 0 Success

# numResponses: 1

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks,

John

On 6/16/14, 6:22 PM, Rob Crittenden wrote:
> John Moyer wrote:
>> Hello All,
>>
>>     I'm having a problem querying new users.
>>
>>     I can create the user from the webpage no problem, and I can see
>> them afterwards via the webpage.  I can then see those users via ipa
>> user-find, as well as a LOCAL ldapsearch, even remotely from apache
>> directory studio.  However, if I go to another linux box and do an
>> ldapsearch the new user (only the new user) is not seen in the search.
>> Users created before today work great.   Now I did change stuff, I did a
>> yum upgrade last weekend and this was not a problem before I did this.
>> Any help or guidance to make a remove ldapsearch work on new users would
>> be greatly appreciated!
> What command-line are you using? What rpm version is [free]ipa-python?
> Do you have multiple masters or is this a single IPA server?
>
> rob

Thanks,