[Freeipa-users] Problem finding new users via command line

John Moyer john.moyer at digitalreasoning.com
Tue Jun 17 12:39:21 UTC 2014

Sorry forgot the second part of your question:

rpm -qa | grep ipa
libipa_hbac-1.9.2-129.el6_5.4.x86_64
ipa-server-3.0.0-37.el6.x86_64
ipa-pki-ca-theme-9.0.3-7.el6.noarch
python-iniparse-0.3.1-2.1.el6.noarch
libipa_hbac-python-1.9.2-129.el6_5.4.x86_64
ipa-python-3.0.0-37.el6.x86_64
ipa-client-3.0.0-37.el6.x86_64
ipa-admintools-3.0.0-37.el6.x86_64
ipa-pki-common-theme-9.0.3-7.el6.noarch
ipa-server-selinux-3.0.0-37.el6.x86_64

John

On 6/17/14, 8:30 AM, John Moyer wrote:
> I'm using ldapsearch.  The command I was using was like the one below
> (edited to protect creds/users).
>
> ldapsearch -x -h ipa.digitalreasoning.com -ZZ -b
> "dc=digitalreasoning,dc=com" -D
> "uid=adminuser,cn=users,cn=accounts,dc=digitalreasoning,dc=com" -w
> 'password' uid=first.last
>

> # extended LDIF
> #
> # LDAPv3
> # base <dc=digitalreasoning,dc=com> with scope subtree
> # filter: uid=first.last
> # requesting: ALL
> #
>
> # search result
> search: 3
> result: 0 Success
>
> # numResponses: 1
>

> Any help is much appreciated!
>
> Thanks,
>
> John
>

> On 6/16/14, 6:22 PM, Rob Crittenden wrote:
>> John Moyer wrote:
>>> Hello All,
>>>
>>>     I'm having a problem querying new users.
>>>
>>>     I can create the user from the webpage no problem, and I can see
>>> them afterwards via the webpage.  I can then see those users via ipa
>>> user-find, as well as a LOCAL ldapsearch, even remotely from apache
>>> directory studio.  However, if I go to another linux box and do an
>>> ldapsearch the new user (only the new user) is not seen in the search.
>>> Users created before today work great.   Now I did change stuff, I did a
>>> yum upgrade last weekend and this was not a problem before I did this.
>>> Any help or guidance to make a remove ldapsearch work on new users would
>>> be greatly appreciated!
>> What command-line are you using? What rpm version is [free]ipa-python?
>> Do you have multiple masters or is this a single IPA server?
>>
>> rob
>>

> Thanks,
> John Moyer

Thanks,