[Freeipa-users] incompatibility Operative systems

Martin Kosek mkosek at redhat.com
Fri Mar 7 09:23:35 UTC 2014

On 03/06/2014 05:09 PM, Juan Antonio wrote:

> I have a conflict with a configuration of free-ipa.
> The problem is an incompatibility between the client operating system with
> fedora 19 and the ipa server with Red hat 6.4 operating system.
> When executing the command:
>
> ipa add-service cifs/ipaserver.example.com
>
> Generates the error:
> ipa: ERROR: Unknown option: no_members
>
> For this reason I would like to know if there is a specific configuration or
> patch that solution problem.

Older "ipa" tool can communicate with newer FreeIPA server but not the other
way around - thus this failure is expected.

Just the error message is not right, we have a ticket planning to fix it:

Hint: use "ipa" tool on 6.4 to control 6.4 FreeIPA server.

Martin

PS: we are talking only about "ipa" tool incompatibility, you can of course
enroll F19 clients to 6.4 and have all client functions (identity,
authentication) working - SSSD is compatible.