[Freeipa-users] Badly corrupted IPA

Bret Wortman bret.wortman at damascusgrp.com
Thu Mar 27 13:02:07 UTC 2014

My IPA corruption continues and I'm afraid I'm going to have to recreate
it from scratch since no reasonable means of backup exists (which I
understand -- that's not my complaint).

Here's what I'm facing:

# script -c 'ipa host-find mw79.damascusgrp.com'
Script started, file is typescript
--------------
1 host matched
--------------
   Host name: mw79.damascusgrp.com
   Principal name: host/mw79.damascusgrp.com at DAMASCUSGRP.COM
   Password: False
   Member of host-groups: allow_all_hosts
   Indirect Member of HBAC rule: allow_all_users_services
   Keytab: False
   SSH public key fingerprint: [snip] (ssh-dss)

----------------------------
Number of entries returned 1
----------------------------
Script done, file is typescript
# script -c 'ipa host-del mw79.damascusgrp.com'
Script started, file is typescript
ipa: ERROR: mw79.damascusgrp.com: host not found
Script done, file is typescript
#

I had unenrolled this host and was attempting to re-enroll it, and this
is preventing its re-enrollment. Any ideas of how to force deletion of
this host entry? I'm not LDAP savvy enough to just go in and start
whacking LDAP entries myself, and given that my IPA database has gotten
corrupted enough that no IPA CLI command can run without being wrapped
in "script" or "strace" or similar, I'm hesitant to go too far. This
machine, however, is my program manager's workstation, so it's pretty
important to get back up and running.

Thanks,

--
*Bret Wortman*