[Freeipa-users] trouble with ldap authentication for a Cisco UCS 5108

Martin Kosek mkosek at redhat.com
Mon Nov 10 11:42:45 UTC 2014

On 11/10/2014 07:46 AM, Les Stott wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a FreeIPA environment with standard rhel6 package sets.
>
> Everything is working well.
>
> I would like to get our Cisco UCS 5108 authenticating via ldap with TLS using ldap group based checks. The ucs manager runs the latest 2.2(3a)
>
> Currently I have it authenticating via radius (which auth's to the ldap server in freeipa), but the radius setup doesn't allow for more fine grained group access controls.
>
> I've tried may things to get ldap to work, but failing miserably. According to the doc's it should be fairly straight forward (I wish it was!).
>
> Has anyone got a Cisco UCS device to be able to authenticate successfully using LDAP over TLS with FreeIPA?
>
> I'd appreciate any feedback so I know whether it is actually possible or not.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Les

Hello Les,

I think you will need to better describe what exactly is not working for you,
what you mean by fine grained control and provide the related logs or errors of
what is not working, if available.

Otherwise it will be difficult to advise, for people not intimately familiar
with Cisco UCS device.

Martin