[Freeipa-users] Solaris 10 client configuration using profile

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Wed Oct 29 00:32:48 UTC 2014

sipazzo wrote:
> I only have ldap defined in nsswitch.conf for passwd and group, ipnodes and host correctly reference dns. The fact that I get an SSL initialization failed: error -8174 (security library: bad database) when performing an ldapsearch with the -ZZ option seems to indicate that there is something wrong with the .db files. I have tried uninitializing the client, regenerating the .db files and re-copying them to the server but having same errors.

I think ldapsearch is a red herring. /usr/bin/ldapsearch on my Solaris
10 box is the mozldap version so the second Z seems to be ignored (I
tried 10 Z's and no errors where thrown).

-Z for mozldap means require SSL, not startTLS, so you need to set the
port to 636. That worked for me as long as the IPA CA was in /var/ldap
and properly trusted. I was getting a LOT less specific errors than you
though.

rob