[Freeipa-users] apache kerberized nfs4 /var/www/html access denied for apache user

Simo Sorce simo at redhat.com
Sat Sep 20 21:19:31 UTC 2014

On Sat, 20 Sep 2014 19:44:28 +0200
Rob Verduijn <rob.verduijn at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> Thank you for the quick response.
> I've removed the credstore entries that are not necessary for the nfs
> access.
> Now the users no longer go through gssproxy, but apache does.
>
> I've googled around quite a bit and and it seems that your
> presentation on youtube and the gssproxy page together with a bit on
> the fedora site are about it concerning documentation.

We do not have a lot of docs yet, indeed.

> The below gssproxy.conf works fine for apache accessing  a kerberized
> nfs share without having to authenticate against ipa.
>
> If I were to create another share for say an tftp directory do I need
> to create another entry like the one below or can I simply say :
> euid =  48,1,2,3,4

Nope, euid is singlevalued.

> Or maybe this if you won't mind that any service with a keytab gets
> nfs access.
> euid = %U

Setting %U in euid does not work, that's why we have allow_any_uid.

> Thanx for the quick help.

Glad you got it working to your liking, and feel free to ask questions
directly on the gss-proxy mailing list if you want.

Btw in the conf below you can also remove completely the allow_any_uid
(no is the default) and the trusted options (you should not really
trust apache to impersonate any user, w/o trusted it will just be
itself).

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc * New York