[Freeipa-users] RUVs

Janelle janellenicole80 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 14:29:55 UTC 2015

Hello again,

This is a more general question as I am new to "dirsrv" a bit. I have
read through a lot of the docs, including 389-ds, but with regards to
IPA, well, I am not 100% clear and perhaps this could help others in the
future.

Are there guidelines or suggestions for RUV's and cleaning and how to
know when you are actually seeing a problem that needs to be fixed? In a
good system, for example, my 8 servers, if there are no issues, what
would I expect to see from a "list-ruv"?  What errors would indicate the
need to run a "clean-ruv id"?

I am thinking if there was a write up or FAQ for this, it would go a
long way to helping new admins with FreeIPA in understanding all of
this.   Just a suggestion.

Thank you
~J