[Freeipa-users] RUVs

Ludwig Krispenz lkrispen at redhat.com
Wed Apr 1 14:49:58 UTC 2015

Hi,

a RUV (replica update vector) is a structure which on each sever
maintains a state of updates it has seen from any other server, it is
used in a replication session to determine which updates have to be sent.
Normally you don't need to deal with it, only if you remove a replica it
is advisable to remove the references to the no longer existing server
using clean ruv

Ludwig