[Freeipa-users] IPA web interface always giving "Your session has expired. Please re-login."

Martin Kosek mkosek at redhat.com
Wed Apr 1 18:31:17 UTC 2015

On 04/01/2015 06:52 PM, Janelle wrote:
> On 4/1/15 9:32 AM, Ben .T.George wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I have re-installed verything from RHEL 7.1 DVD and current ipa version is 4.0.1
>>
>> everything is working including AD trust.
>>
>> but my web interface always giving "Your session has expired. Please re-login."
>>
>> i faced the issue before that time i destroyed kerbros ticket (Kdestroy) and
>> initiated again(kinit admin). after that it got worked.
>>
>> but now i did all the exercises ans still not working
>>
>> please anyone solved this issue. or is this a known bug?
>>
>> if i open the page from chorm browser, i am getting another login screen like
>> .htacess login. If i gave password, it re-appering again
>>
>> Regards,
>> Ben
>>

> On a related to browser issues -- has anyone else seen a user login to change
> their PW, any browser - from Chrome, to Firefox, etc, and with the exception of
> the top portion of the screen, the details of the user account are blank (white
> screen below main header) ?  They can still use the "pull down" to reset the
> PW, but everything else seems to be missing.

If you give us a screenshot, Apache error_log and access_log, we should be able
to see where the problem is.

Did the person try to connect to FreeIPA public demo, to see if it caused by
the browser?

https://ipa.demo1.freeipa.org/ipa/ui/

> I have also seen this "Session expired" even when not using a kerberized
> browser, so if there is a solution -- looking forward to it.

When the browser is not configured for Kerberos, you should still be able to
login with login+password. If not, it is a bug.

Note that we require cookies, see potential cave-eats in
http://www.freeipa.org/page/Troubleshooting#Cannot_authenticate_to_Web_UI