[Freeipa-users] 4.1.4 and OTP

Dmitri Pal dpal at redhat.com
Fri Apr 17 16:53:47 UTC 2015

On 04/17/2015 11:16 AM, Janelle wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is anyone else having issues with OTP since upgrading? For the life of
> me I can't get it to accept "Sync" for the tokens. No matter what is
> put in, it just keeps saying the username, password or tokens entered
> are incorrect.
>
> To make it simple - I am tryign this on a brand new CentOS 7.1 system
> with a clean/fresh install of FreeIPA 4.1.4 and yet it just refuses to
> work.
>
> I create a user -- configure them. They work just fine with a
> password. Then add a token. Sync with FreeOTP and that all works. Then
> going back to the web UI and do Sync OTP and it simply refuses to
> accept any values. And yet the same user can login to the regular web
> UI with their password.
>
> I have tried setting the user to both Password and OTP for auth
> methods. And also just OTP and nothing works.

Please look in the logs to see what is going on.
You would need to look at the KDC, http and DS logs on the server to
sort out what is going on.

Do you change the password for the user first after creating him?

Can you reproduce the problem with demo instance?
http://www.freeipa.org/page/Demo
If you can then we can take a look at the logs right away.

--
Thank you,
Dmitri Pal

Sr. Engineering Manager IdM portfolio