[Freeipa-users] Old FreeIPA upstream guides removed (WAS: Re: Web UI: Migrated Admins missing action buttons)

Christopher Lamb christopher.lamb at ch.ibm.com
Mon Apr 27 12:11:57 UTC 2015

Hi Martin

Thanks: I am glad others can benefit from my mistakes.

Cheers

Chrsi

From:	Martin Kosek <mkosek at redhat.com>
To:	Alexander Bokovoy <abokovoy at redhat.com>, Christopher
            Lamb/Switzerland/IBM at IBMCH
Cc:	freeipa-users at redhat.com, Robert Crittenden
            <rcritten at redhat.com>, Simo Sorce <ssorce at redhat.com>, Dmitri
            Pal <dpal at redhat.com>
Date:	27.04.2015 12:51
Subject:	Old FreeIPA upstream guides removed (WAS: Re: [Freeipa-users]
            Web UI: Migrated Admins missing action buttons)

> We really need to remove this version 1.x documentation, it is giving too
much confusion.

I agree, this was the last straw. I just did an update to FreeIPA.org
mediawiki
and (besides upgrading to new Mediawiki) replaced the deprecated FreeIPA
1.2.1
and 2.0.0 guides with a redirection to:

http://www.freeipa.org/page/Upstream_User_Guide

which contains the reasoning and updated list of deprecated guides and a
link
to the current documentations.

HTH. If anyone needs the old guides, I can zip them and add as a download
Documentation section.

Martin