[Freeipa-users] default e-mail address and aliases from LDAP

Ivars Strazdiņš Ivars.Strazdins at sets.lv
Mon Apr 27 13:49:05 UTC 2015

Hi there,
I am preparing to move our site e-mail authentication backend to FreeIPA. That is, integrate Postfix with FreeIPA.
Let's suppose user has two or more e-mail addresses,
joe at site.com <mailto:joe at site.com>
joe.user at site.com <mailto:joe.user at site.com>

Currently we use smtp_generic_maps on Postfix side to ensure that mail always leaves site as joe.user at site.com <mailto:joe.user at site.com>

Is there a way to ensure in FreeIPA that user's default address is joe.user at site.com <mailto:joe.user at site.com> so that Postfix could do a smtp_generic_maps lookup in LDAP server and get the default address?

And another question - is it possible to maintain e-mail aliases in FreeIPA? Say, to expand address list at site.com <mailto:list at site.com> to users joe at site.com <mailto:joe at site.com>, john at site.com <mailto:john at site.com> and mary at site.com <mailto:mary at site.com>?
Any suggestions are welcome, I am just beginning to work with LDAP.

Thanks for you time and kind regards,
Ivars