[Freeipa-users] default e-mail address and aliases from LDAP

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Mon Apr 27 20:51:12 UTC 2015

On 04/27/2015 07:49 AM, Ivars Strazdiņš wrote:
> Hi there,
> I am preparing to move our site e-mail authentication backend to
> FreeIPA. That is, integrate Postfix with FreeIPA.
> Let's suppose user has two or more e-mail addresses,
> joe at site.com <mailto:joe at site.com>
> joe.user at site.com <mailto:joe.user at site.com>
>
> Currently we use smtp_generic_maps on Postfix side to ensure that mail
> always leaves site as joe.user at site.com <mailto:joe.user at site.com>
>
> Is there a way to ensure in FreeIPA that user's default address is
> joe.user at site.com <mailto:joe.user at site.com> so that Postfix could do
> a smtp_generic_maps lookup in LDAP server and get the default address?
>
> And another question - is it possible to maintain e-mail aliases in
> FreeIPA? Say, to expand address list at site.com
> <mailto:list at site.com> to users joe at site.com <mailto:joe at site.com>,
> john at site.com <mailto:john at site.com> and mary at site.com
> <mailto:mary at site.com>?
> Any suggestions are welcome, I am just beginning to work with LDAP.

I myself don't know.  However, there are some email howto's on the 389
site: http://www.port389.org/docs/389ds/tech-docs.html#mail

Hopefully someone with actual experience integrating Postfix and LDAP
will chime in on this thread.  If not, try the
389-users at lists.fedoraproject.org list - there are some email server
operators there.