[Freeipa-users] Common Name for the ipa-cacert-manage command

William Graboyes wgraboyes at cenic.org
Thu Apr 30 19:51:49 UTC 2015

Hi list,

The end goal is to eliminate self signed certs from user interaction
with FreeIPA, without having to roll out changes to each user in the
house (and remote locations).  So basically changing the CA to a
trusted CA that will not bring "scare" the users with "Site security
cannot be verified, return to safety."

The problem with the CN is that when it is read from the CSR the
CN="Certificate Authority".  Which is not an acceptable CN according
to the tool we use for generating certs, The tool we use expects a CN
of something along the lines of example.com.

Thanks,
Bill