[Freeipa-users] different EMail Addresses

Alexander Bokovoy abokovoy at redhat.com
Sun Aug 30 18:29:31 UTC 2015

On Sun, 30 Aug 2015, Günther J. Niederwimmer wrote:
>Hello,
>
>what is the way to read a different EMail Address from freeIPA?
>
>My system is a centos 7
>
>When I create a user "joe", on a system like ipa.example.com  ldap
>dc=example, dc=com kerberos=EXAMPLE.COM. I have in the "mask" from
>the user, a default EMail Address "joe at example.com", but the user must
>have also a secondary EMail address like joe at other_domain.net, it is no
>problem to insert this address, but I can't never read / found this address
>with sssd ?
SSSD reports POSIX attributes of the user, the same you find in
/etc/passwd, see details in
  info libc 'user database' 'user data structure'

This information does not include email address for users, so SSSD does
not return it.

Where are you going to consume the email information?

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy