[Freeipa-users] ping: Fwd: Passsync fails to connect to LDAP

Noriko Hosoi nhosoi at redhat.com
Wed Feb 18 19:19:02 UTC 2015

Hello Hugh,

Could you tell us the version of 389-ds-base the PassSync is trying to
access?  If the directory server is not new enough
(389-ds-base-*1.3.2.26
<http://www.port389.org/docs/389ds/releases/release-1-3-2-26.html> *or
389-ds-base-<http://www.port389.org/docs/389ds/releases/release-1-3-3-8.html>*1.3.3.8
<http://www.port389.org/docs/389ds/releases/release-1-3-3-8.html>*),
could you please try setting the following environment variable on the
Windows machine on which PassSync is running?*
<http://www.port389.org/docs/389ds/releases/release-1-3-3-8.html>*

    http://www.port389.org/docs/389ds/releases/release-passsync-1-1-6.html

    PassSync 1.1.6 supports TLS version 1.1 and newer SSL versions
    supported by NSS. SSLv3 is disabled, by default. To force to enable
    SSLv3.0, an environment variable LDAPSSL_ALLOW_OLD_SSL_VERSION has
    to be set with some non NULL value.

    In Computer | Properties | Advanced system settings | Environment
    Variables | System variables, add variable:
    LDAPSSL_ALLOW_OLD_SSL_VERSION, value: 1

Thanks,
--noriko