[Freeipa-users] Migration fails from 3.0.0 to 3.3.3 on Centos 6/7

Dmitri Pal dpal at redhat.com
Thu Feb 19 23:07:10 UTC 2015

On 02/19/2015 02:54 PM, Jim Richard wrote:
> Hey guys, for what it's worth, I spent a couple weeks working with
> Endi Sukma Dewata, edewata at redhat.com <mailto:edewata at redhat.com>,
> "Re: [Freeipa-users] Redhat/Centos iDM 3.0 to 3.1 upgrade fail".
>
> Unfortunately my post subject was not accurate but in fact, I was
> attempting the exact same thing and seeing the exact same error. The
> main LDAP instance would come up ok but upon attempting to migrate the
> PKI stuff with the new ldap schema etc, it just fails...

If you have been gradually upgrading it might very well be that you are
hitting some of the earlier bugs related to cert tracking.
The page can help you with troubleshooting
http://www.freeipa.org/page/Troubleshooting#IPA_won.27t_start.2C_expired_certificates
You need to see whether the certs on the master have expired and whether
they are now properly tracked.
Rob is this the right way of checking the cert validity (see previous
mail in the thread)?

> In the end we couldn't figure it out, basically had to just give up.
>
> Maybe one of you could reach out to Endi and he could share some
> insights.
>
> I'd love to be able to make this work as well but as of now it looks
> like my only option if I want to upgrade to version 3.3/Centos 7 is
> well, there is no option....
>
> I'd be happy to share or help in any way.

> Jim Richard  | PlaceIQ
> <http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.placeiq.com%2F&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFrqEzcYjZpDPyqW7feNK9EgLq-c9JlHiw>  |
>  Systems Administrator  |  jrichard at placeiq.com
> <mailto:name at placeiq.com>  | +1 (646) 338-8905
>

>> On Feb 19, 2015, at 11:37 AM, Jani West <jwest at iki.fi
>> <mailto:jwest at iki.fi>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> How I can check the cert and test?
>>
>> I did curl -v -k https://xxx/ca/admin/ca/getDomainXML
>>
>> According to that the cert have plenty of time left.
>>
>> On the otherhand
>> https://xxx/ca/admin/ca/updateDomainXML is givin the the same cert
>> but also http 404.

>>> This line makes me think that expired certs may be involved:
>>>
>>> [Thu Feb 19 11:38:44 2015] [error] SSL Library Error: -8181
>>> Certificate has
>>> expired
>>>
>>> CCing JanCh who have the best context in this area.
>>>

>> --
>> -- Jani West  -- jwest at iki.fi <mailto:jwest at iki.fi>  -- +358 40
>> 5010914 --
>> -- Liinalahdentie 4  -- 01800 KLAUKKALA -- FINLAND --
>>
>> "Haluaisin, että Suomi olisi paljon monikulttuurisempi.
>> Tänne tulee muualta paljon ihmisiä, mutta heitä ei tuoda
>> tarpeeksi esille. Jotenkin me pidämme heidät verhojen takana.
>> On tärkeää, että Suomesta saataisiin avoin ja suvaitsevainen.
>> Sulkeutunut ajattelutapa on Suomen ongelma. Ehkä me
>> pelkäämme mielenosoituksia, joita esimerkiksi Ruotsin
>> lähiöissä on ollut ja sitä, että jotain kauheaa tapahtuu.
>> Ei ymmärretä, että maahanmuuttajat voivat tuoda
>> Suomeen myös paljon hyvää. Toivoisin hallitukselta sitä,
>> että koko kansaa kuullaan, myös eri kulttuureista
>> tulevia. Hallituksen pitäisi rahoittaa ja tukea enemmän
>> Suomen kansainvälistämistä. Myös eduskunta voisi kuunnella
>> maahanmuuttajia enemmän."
>>
>> HS 8.6.2013: Essi, 16 v. Etu-Töölön lukio.
>>
>> --

Thank you,
Dmitri Pal

Sr. Engineering Manager IdM portfolio