[Freeipa-users] a fix - fedora domain vs rhel domain

Martin Kosek mkosek at redhat.com
Wed Jan 7 15:19:49 UTC 2015

On 01/07/2015 02:51 PM, Janelle wrote:
> Hello fellow IPAers
>
> I know this has been written about before - the python scripts and
> fedora-domain vs rhel-domain on RHEL/CentOs 7. The question is - was there a
> permanent fix yet? I continue to run into it during installs and have to edit
> python files to get the client install to not error out duruing the server
> install.  This is of course with CentOS 7 and IPA 4.1.2.
>
> Any options/comments?
> Thank you
> Janelle
>
> --------------------------------
> (install snippet)
> Done.
> Restarting the directory server
> Restarting the KDC
> Restarting the certificate server
> Sample zone file for bind has been created in /tmp/sample.zone.vTMlCB.db
> Restarting the web server
> Configuration of client side components failed!
> ipa-client-install returned: Command ''/usr/sbin/ipa-client-install'
> '--on-master' '--unattended' '--domain' 'another.com' '--server'
> 'ipa1.another.com' '--realm' 'ANOTHER.COM' '--hostname' 'ipa1.another.com''
> returned non-zero exit status 1

Hi Janelle,

Yes, this should have been resolved in
CCing Jan.

Are you sure it is caused by this problem? Can you add a snippet of the
ipaclient-install.log with the actual failures? Your install snippet does not
help that much.

Can you please also check that you have the right FreeIPA platform file loaded?
At least giving us output from this grep should help:

$ grep domainname /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ipaplatform/services.py

Thanks,
Martin