[Freeipa-users] Mount cifs share using kerberos

John Obaterspok john.obaterspok at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 21:29:00 UTC 2015

Hello,

I've tried to do the following on the client (and also on the ipaserver
itself) where I want to the the ipaserver share mounted.

[root at ipaserver mnt]# mount -t cifs //ipaserver.MY.LAN/TheShare -o sec=krb5
mountpoint
mount error(126): Required key not available
Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs)

(root has an admin ticket aquired)

Any hints for a newbie?

-- john