[Freeipa-users] Mount cifs share using kerberos

Alexander Bokovoy abokovoy at redhat.com
Fri Jan 9 09:11:23 UTC 2015

On Thu, 08 Jan 2015, John Obaterspok wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I've tried to do the following on the client (and also on the ipaserver
>itself) where I want to the the ipaserver share mounted.
>
>[root at ipaserver mnt]# mount -t cifs //ipaserver.MY.LAN/TheShare -o sec=krb5
>mountpoint
>mount error(126): Required key not available
>Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs)
>
>(root has an admin ticket aquired)
>
>Any hints for a newbie?
Do you have proper configuration in request-key.conf(5)?

On Fedora 21 we have /etc/request-key.d/cifs.upcall.conf and
/etc/request-key.d/cifs.idmap.conf to allow kernel to properly fetch
Kerberos keys and map IDs of CIFS identities. These configurations are
part of cifs-utils package which also supplies mount.cifs.

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy