[Freeipa-users] Ubuntu Samba Server Auth against IPA

Christopher Lamb christopher.lamb at ch.ibm.com
Fri Jul 31 14:55:14 UTC 2015

Hi

We use the Samba extensions for FreeIPA. Windows 7 users connect to the
"shares" using their FreeIPA credentials. The only password mgmt problem
that we have is, that the users get no notice of password expiry until
"suddenly" their Samba user (really the FreeIPA user) password is not
accepted when trying to connect to a share. Once the password is reset (via
CLI or FreeIPA WebUi), they can access the shares again.

Chris