[Freeipa-users] IPA Error 4301: Certificate operation cannot be completed: Unable to communicate with CMS (Not Found)

Chris Tobey tobeychris at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 4 19:00:11 UTC 2015

Hi Rob,

Thanks for taking the time to look at this.

I have services in /etc/init.d/ named tomcat6 and pki-cad.

I tried the following:
-
    [Thu Jun 04 14:38:16:/etc/init.d]$ service tomcat6 status
    tomcat6 is stopped                                         [  OK  ]
    [Thu Jun 04 14:38:23:/etc/init.d]$ service tomcat6 start
    Starting tomcat6:                                          [  OK  ]
    [Thu Jun 04 14:38:29:/etc/init.d]$ service tomcat6 status
    tomcat6 (pid 10853) is running...                          [  OK  ]
    [Thu Jun 04 14:38:40:/etc/init.d]$ service pki-cad status
    pki-ca (pid 1793) is running...                            [  OK  ]
        Unsecure Port       = http://chimera.server.com:9180/ca/ee/ca
        Secure Agent Port   = https://chimera.server.com:9443/ca/agent/ca
        Secure EE Port      = https://chimera.server.com:9444/ca/ee/ca
        Secure Admin Port   = https://chimera.server.com:9445/ca/services
        EE Client Auth Port = https://chimera.server.com:9446/ca/eeca/ca
        PKI Console Port    = pkiconsole https://chimera.server.com:9445/ca
        Tomcat Port         = 9701 (for shutdown)

        PKI Instance Name:   pki-ca

        PKI Subsystem Type:  Root CA (Security Domain)

        Registered PKI Security Domain Information:

        Name:  IPA

-

After this I am able to create new hosts on my Foreman server!

There are now a few questions:
1. I am not sure why the tomcat6 service was stopped, if it is required to
be running.
2. I am not sure why a reboot of the server did not auto-start tomcat6.
3. When navigating the web GUI for FreeIPA and clicking on a host, I still
see the popup message in the subject of this thread.

I have not yet tried rebooting the FreeIPA (chimera) and Puppet/Foreman
(puppetmaster) servers yet. When I have some downtime I will try that and
see what happens in regards to questions 2 and 3.

Thanks,
-Chris Tobey