[Freeipa-users] migrating 3.0 -> 4.1: passwords not migrated?

Tamas Papp tompos at martos.bme.hu
Wed Jun 10 13:18:09 UTC 2015

hi,

Currently there are CentOS 6.5 servers and IPA 3.0.

The goal is migrating users to CentOS 7.1 and IPA 4.1.

This is the command I use:

$ ipa migrate-ds ldap://ipa11
--user-container=cn=users,cn=accounts,dc=foo
--group-container=cn=groups,cn=accounts,dc=foo --base-dn=dc=foo
--with-compat < ~/.pw.manager

Users are migrated successfully but password must be reset, otherwise
they cannot logon. Any idea, what's going on?

I also have a bonus question.
How can I migrate the cn=sysaccounts,cn=etc,dc=cxn tree? Do I need to
export/import it as ldif and that's all?

Thanks,
tamas