[Freeipa-users] migrating 3.0 -> 4.1: passwords not migrated?

Christopher Lamb christopher.lamb at ch.ibm.com
Wed Jun 10 13:32:46 UTC 2015

Hi Tamas

I think the general advice is to replicate rather than to migrate. I am
sure Martin K will jump in on this.

However some weeks ago, when doing a very similar move to yours, we chose
to migrate (we were misled by some very old FreeIPA docus that have since
been archived).

In our case passwords were successfully migrated, so the users were able to
use the same user / password combo as before.

I will see if I can dig out the migrate command we used at the time.

Chris