[Freeipa-users] Installing a replica with alternate 'admin' username

Brian Mathis brian.mathis+freeipa at betteradmin.com
Wed Jun 10 17:26:55 UTC 2015

I have renamed the default 'admin' account to something else to avoid
possible conflicts with other application accounts.  However, when I try to
install a replica with ipa-replica-install, it uses 'admin' as the username
and I don't see a way to supply an alternate account name to use.

I have been able to work-around this by using the --skip-conncheck option,
but I would still like to have the script go through that process if
possible to get the added verification that things are working.

Is there any way to use a different account name than 'admin' with
ipa-replica-install?  I'm on CentOS 7 using ipa-server-4.1.0-18.el7.

❧ Brian Mathis
@orev