[Freeipa-users] OTP - Google Authenticator - iPhone - Invalid barcode

Simo Sorce simo at redhat.com
Sat Jun 13 17:40:38 UTC 2015

On Fri, 2015-06-12 at 21:25 +0200, Jakub Hrozek wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 11:32:58PM +0530, Prashant Bapat wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Has anyone seen this ? When a user tries to scan the QR code he gets a
> > message saying "invalid barcode". This happens only with iPhone + Google
> > Authenticator.
>
> Google Authenticator or FreeOTP? This list might be a good place to ask
> about the latter, but not the former..

Well FreeIPA generates the barcode so we need to check if there is a
compatibility issue with google-authenticator too.

I think we have a report about the "case" used to generate some
algorithm names, that get embedded in the QR code:

It may be the same issue here.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc * New York