[Freeipa-users] OTP - Google Authenticator - iPhone - Invalid barcode

Prashant Bapat prashant at apigee.com
Wed Jun 17 07:05:35 UTC 2015

Simo is right! This issue is same as

If I change the algorithm in the otp url to uppercase it scans in Google
authenticator/iPhone.

Further more I manually edited
the /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ipalib/plugins/otptoken.py and
uppercases the 'sha' to 'SHA' in a test VM and it works as expected. I hate
to do this in the production server though.