[Freeipa-users] CentOS 6.6 Installation Issues

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Thu Jun 18 02:26:21 UTC 2015

Randall Harrison wrote:
> Hey Rob,
>
> I tried the install again with Java 1.7 and no joy. Do you recommend a
> clean install with 1.7?

Be sure the CA is completely uninstalled. The installer sometimes
doesn't record that a CA has been partially installed causing the
uninstall to skip it, which causes subsequent installs to fail.

Do this:

# ipa-server-install --uninstal
# /usr/bin/pkiremove -pki_instance_root=/var/lib
-pki_instance_name=pki-ca --force

Then try the install again.

rob