[Freeipa-users] hesitate to deploy freeipa

Prasun Gera prasun.gera at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 08:29:36 UTC 2015

I've found that if you are setting up a new environment from scratch which
is mostly going to involve RHEL/Fedora systems, and that you have full
control over your network including DNS, DHCP etc., it should mostly be
smooth sailing. However, if you already have a network of old and new
machines running different versions and flavours of unix, there is
significantly more work involved. That is, there is significant complexity
on client side code as well which should not be discounted. Do a survey of
the state of client side support on different distributions. From my
experience, Ubuntu 12.04 is iffy. There's also an open ticket pushed to
'future' on FreeNAS, which is BSD based. IMO this is one of the major
hurdles for wider adoption.