[Freeipa-users] DNS forwarder "first" does not fallback to local

Matt . yamakasi.014 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 12:07:22 UTC 2015

Hi Petr,

Bot servers have zone:

domain.tld

Server1 (192.168.1.1) has:

domain.tld
foo A 192.168.1.10
bar A 192.168.1.20

Server2  (192.168.2.1) has:

domain.tld
candy A 192.168.2.100

I have a forward first on Server1 to the IP of Server2

So when my DNS server on my client is 192.168.1.1 and I do a nslookup
candy.domain.tld it should not lookup locally but on the forward
(Server2). But when I lookup foo.domain.tld it should get a reply of
Server1

rpm -q bind-dyndb-ldap bind ipa-server
bind-dyndb-ldap-2.3-6.el6_6.x86_64
bind-9.8.2-0.30.rc1.el6_6.3.x86_64
ipa-server-3.0.0-42.el6.centos.x86_64

It would also be great if this is possible between IPA 3 and 4.

Thanks for your help so far!

Cheers,

Matt