[Freeipa-users] Using FreeIPA OTP in a PAM module

Prashant Bapat prashant at apigee.com
Tue Jun 30 06:04:55 UTC 2015

Hi,

I was able to set this up in a Fedora instance with SSSD and it works as
expected. SSHD first uses the public key and then prompts for password
which is ofcourse password+OTP.

However, having a user enter the password+OTP every time he logs in during
the day is kind of inconvenient. Is it possible to make sure the user has
to login once and the credentials are cached for say 12/24 hours. I know
this is possible just using the password. Question is, is this possible
using password+OTP?

Thanks.
--Prashant