[Freeipa-users] Automatic client enrollment

Prasun Gera prasun.gera at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 09:53:43 UTC 2015

Is it possible to completely automate the client enrollment process similar
to securenets in NIS? I'm trying to migrate NIS to IDM, and hoping that it
runs largely in auto-pilot mode. The kickstarter method suggests adding
host entries with a one time kerberos password to launch unattended client
installs. That, however, needs the admin's involvement every time a new
host has to be added. Securenets works pretty well in our case since we can
authenticate based on the IP address. User addition is still manual, but
that's all right since that is infrequent. Is it possible to do something
similar using IP masks or fqdn regex in ipa ?