[Freeipa-users] ipa-client-install failure

Jakub Hrozek jhrozek at redhat.com
Sun Mar 22 20:04:40 UTC 2015

On Sun, Mar 22, 2015 at 04:24:49PM +0100, Roberto Cornacchia wrote:
> Thanks Rob.
>
> Knowing that /etc/nsswitch.conf is created wrongly is a step forward,
> although we don't know why that happens yet.
> I'm not very keen on fixing it post-installation (except if this is just to
> learn more about the issue), even if this seems to solve problems. I'm not
> going to deploy freeIPA for real before I can at least run successfully a
> plain installation.

Hi,

I find it a bit unexpected that the client system didn't have
nsswitch.conf configured..I've never seen the client installation fail
in this particular way.

For debugging SSSD issues, we've created a new troubleshooting page
upstream that should walk you through the config:
    https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/wiki/Troubleshooting
maybe this article would also help:
    https://jhrozek.wordpress.com/2015/03/11/anatomy-of-sssd-user-lookup/

But most improtantly, I wouldn't expect to see any issues as long as
you use ipa-client-install. I guess re-enrolling the client would be the
fastest way forward?