[Freeipa-users] ipa-client-install failure

Petr Spacek pspacek at redhat.com
Mon Mar 23 12:33:07 UTC 2015

On 23.3.2015 12:33, Roberto Cornacchia wrote:
> OK, thanks.
> That would be "Dynamic updates", right? Then it is enabled.
>
> $ ipa dnszone-show --all
> Zone name: hq.example.com
>   dn: idnsname=hq.example.com.,cn=dns,dc=hq,dc=example,dc=com
>   Zone name: hq.example.com.
>   Active zone: TRUE
>   Authoritative nameserver: ipa.hq.example.com.
>   Administrator e-mail address: hostmaster.hq.example.com.
>   SOA serial: 1427108043
>   SOA refresh: 3600
>   SOA retry: 900
>   SOA expire: 1209600
>   SOA minimum: 3600
>   BIND update policy: grant HQ.EXAMPLE.COM krb5-self * A; grant HQ.EXAMPLE.COM
> krb5-self * AAAA; grant HQ.EXAMPLE.COM krb5-self * SSHFP;
>   Dynamic update: TRUE

This is correct (but it should not affect SOA query anyway).

Could you share named logs on debug level 10 with us? It would be even better
is you could provide us tcpdump with transactions in question.

On the client (before you start installation) please:
1) Execute command $ tcpdump -i any -w /tmp/dns.pcap 'port 53'
2) Run ipa-client-install
3) Kill the tcpdump: $ pkill tcpdump
4) Send us the file.

Feel free to send the files to me (pspacek at redhat.com) and Martin^2