[Freeipa-users] ID Range question

Janelle janellenicole80 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 22:17:22 UTC 2015

Hello,

I have seen this pop up a few times, but no real answers - at least none
that I am finding..

I have not run into it and this was a brand new server farm with about
4000 migrated users from OpenLDAP? Is there something I might be missing
when migrating?

ipa: ERROR: Operations error: Allocation of a new value for range
cn=posix ids,cn=distributed numeric assignment
plugin,cn=plugins,cn=config failed! Unable to proceed.

and of course - the classic 1100 - 1101...

# Posix IDs, Distributed Numeric Assignment Plugin, plugins, config
dn: cn=Posix IDs,cn=Distributed Numeric Assignment
Plugin,cn=plugins,cn=config
objectClass: top
objectClass: extensibleObject
cn: Posix IDs