[Freeipa-users] Debian 7.0.8 and REHL IPA

Prasun Gera prasun.gera at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 22:41:51 UTC 2015

I tried setting up the client on an ubuntu 12.04 system, and had some
initial hiccups. I used the ppa for ipa and sssd. This bug report lists
some pitfalls:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/freeipa/+bug/1280215. I don't
know why it is marked as won't fix, but it affects 12.04, which is LTS. I
had to manually add

mkdir -p /etc/pki/nssdb &&
certutil -N --empty-password -d /etc/pki/nssdb

for the client to install. The client install script doesn't do this on
ubuntu. It is possible that some of the other reported issues have been
fixed. It's best to do this on system you have physical access to.
A botched install could lock you out of ssh.